Learning Outcomes for the Cognitive Perspective (Read: Test Questions!)
1. Describe and evaluate the four content topics as they relate to the cognitive perspective.
2. Describe and evaluate theories and empirical studies within this perspective.
3. Explain where appropriate, how cultural, ethical, gender, and methodological considerations may affect the interpretation of behavior from a cognitive perspective.
4. Compare theories, empirical studies and the four content topics of this perspective with those from other perspectives.
5. Identify and explain the strengths and limitations of cognitive explanations of behavior.
6. Explain the extent to which the concepts of free will and determinism relate to this perspective.
7. Assess the extent to which conecpts and models of information processing have helped in theunderstanding of cognitive processes.
8. Assess claims that some research within this perspective lacks ecological validity, and be able to consider alternative research methods.